The countdown to PACK EXPO Chicago 2018 has begun!
Four months from now, McCormick Place will be closing its doors on another PACK EXPO International. Sixteen weeks may seem like an eternity to figure out all the details, but with summer now officially here, we all know how fast the weeks will fly by. And before you know it, you’ll once again be cramming to figure out all details for exhibiting at the largest packaging show of the year.
Outside of finalizing the machinery and demos you’ll have in your booth, here are 6 things you should be doing now to help make the most out of exhibiting at PACK EXPO:
- Be sure the person responsible for planning the show is receiving and READING the Exhibitor Update emails sent from the show. These emails provide reminders on deadlines, inform you when resources are made available and feature tips on using tools provided by the show.
- Add deadlines to your calendar. All important dates and deadlines are called out in the exhibitor service manual. Here are several milestones not to be missed:
- June 29 - Early Bird Carpet Special - New for 2018! This is an opportunity to save even more than the standard discount on carpeting when ordered by the deadline.
- August 27 - Discount Deadline - 30% off all services
- August 27 - Hanging Sign Forms Deadline - If you’re planning to have a hanging sign as part of your booth, you must receive approval from the show. This is the last day that you can submit forms for approval.
- September 24 - Floor Plan Deadline - All utility layouts must be submitted by this date or you will now be fined a late fee!
- September 28 - Hanging Sign Arrival Deadline - New for 2018! Exhibitors that get their hanging sign forms submitted by 8/27 and hanging sign to the advanced warehouse by 9/28 will be guaranteed straight time rates.
- Target Move-In Date - This date is specific to each exhibitor based on location. Click here to find your move-in date.
- Read the Rules and Regulations. There have been some updates to the rules and regs for this year, so be sure you know what they are.
Update your Online Exhibitor Listing. Make sure the information you have listed online is what you want attendees to know about your company and not just information carried over from previous years. Upload product photos and press releases related to products you’ll be showcasing in your booth. And don’t forget to include important keywords to make sure you show up when potential customers are searching for the types of products you sell.
Review your hotel reservations to make sure you reserved enough hotel rooms for the staff you plan on bringing to the show. If not, contact PACK EXPO Housing ASAP!
- Create your Promotional Content Calendar that outlines dates, topic and assets needed for all promotional activities you plan to do leading up to the show. Incorporate free tools provided through the show, ads, blasts or campaigns scheduled with publications, and social media posts, emails or mailings sent directly from your company. For more info on pre-show promotions, check out this post.
More updates and tips will be shared leading up to PACK EXPO International. Sign up for our blog to receive all future Countdown to PACK EXPO updates.